Westfield GC is looking for some help in the Pro Shop to assist the Head Golf Professional/Pro Shop Manager.
Westfield GC is looking for a Pro Shop Assistant, to assist the Head Golf Professional/Pro Shop Manager with the day to day operations of the golf shop.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is personable, has a positive attitude, and able to engage with members, guests, and staff in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Up to 25 to 30 hours/week (sometimes more, sometimes less)
- Flexible start and end dates
- Will train right candidate
Golf shop staff and assistants will be required to exemplify the standards of Westfield GC. They will be expected to work as a team to provide unparalleled service for the members and their guests.
Primary duties include:
- Greeting members and guests in a welcoming and friendly manner
- Daily check-in of members and guests and reconciling tee sheet
- Check customers in and gather information for marketing needs
- Opening/closing procedures, with attention to detail
- Assisting Members with tee time, handicap, and other golf-related issues
- Assisting Golf Professional/Pro Shop Manager with merchandise as needed
- Answer the phone in a professional manner, booking tee times, and taking messages
- Maintaining an accurate cash drawer at all times in the register
- Keep a clean, organized, and professional looking golf shop
- Assist the Head Professional in merchandising
- Flexible to work weekdays and/or weekends is a requirement
- Stage golf cars with golf car attendants; wash and put away golf cars when round is complete
- Organize and stage golf carts for league play each week. Assist Head Professional with league results and post on the website
- Work with Head Professional in organizing a PGA junior golf program
- Assist with Managing Tournament Operations
- Manage Golf Car Operations
- Other duties as required
- Assisting with other duties as needed
- Experience with the following preferred: moderate to advanced experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Will train on any other computer programs as the arise
- Previous experience in golf preferred but will train the right candidate
- Ability to multi-task and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, at times
- Previous experience with working a cash register/POS system and keeping accurate cash and transaction control a must!
Assistant Golf Professional’s main objective will be to provide members and guests with the finest golfing experience in the area. The Assistant’s ability to provide service and enjoyment for the patrons will be measured against the finest clubs in the Winona, MN area. Team members will be encouraged to “step up” and lead others using their strengths, while at the same time learning from other staff and improving upon their weaknesses. The result of this process will be a smooth and efficient operation with well-rounded individuals. Assistants will be leaders and team players that the rest of the operation can look to as professional role models.
Please stop into the Westfield GC Pro Shop during daylight hours to apply or pick up an application, or email BJPaulsonPGA@gmail.com to arrange a time to pick up an application or to drop off a resume.
Perfect job for any recently retired individual looking for something to do!